Texting Sucks

I'm concernicus about this cell phone texting business. I'm relatively new to the whole thing since becoming single and lousy with men and I've yet to grasp the shorthand or the etiquette. It takes me FOREVER to type the meagerest of messages and I find myself using words like 'addendum'. And just what the eff is up with all these grown men using the term 'lol'? That is completely unacceptable unless you're a 14 year old girl on myspace. Even then, it makes me kind of stabby. Just type 'ha'. It's one less letter even! And when you're having a delightful back-and-forth how do you know when your conversation is over? It's not like you text 'Good bye'. It's like phone conversations on American TV where people just hang up! It's so random. There's no closure dammit! I want closure! I can only hope that my determination to be verbose and my dedication to spelling out laughter in text messages will make the world a slightly better and less...dumber place.